Nothing says treat day more than an Afternoon Tea experience. Enjoy this experience at Lumley Castle in County Durham, sitting within beautiful parklands and overlooking the River Wear. The castle is 600 years old and it now a popular destination for dining and overnight stays. During the afternoon tea you and a guest can indulge in a range of singer sandwiches, delicious cakes and fresh scones served with jam and cream. Afternoon tea wouldn’t be complete without some freshly brewed tea and coffee.
Seated within the stylish Library Bar and Black Knight Restaurant of the Lumley Castle, this afternoon tea experience will be once to remember. In the winter you can warm yourself next to the open fire, in the summer months you can take a scroll around the stunning gardens. This experience will create a memorable moment all year round. Features:
Afternoon Tea for Two at Lumley Castle
- Duration: Please allow 2 hour for the full experience
- What happens on the day: Once you arrive at the location you will be greeted by a friendly member of staff and shown to your pre booked table. You will be seated in either to Library Bar or Black Knight Restaurant depending on the availability. You will spend the afternoon enjoying sandwiches, fresh scones, cakes, tea and coffee.
- Participant guide: 2 person experience
- Participants under 16 years old must be accompanied by a full paying adult
- Location: County Durham - Chester Le Street
- Availability: You can book this experience 7 days a week, however date restriction may apply
- Afternoon tea is available between 15:00 - 17:00
- Bookings are subject to availability therefore we recommend that you book this experience 4 weeks in advance to ensure you get your desired date
- How it works: Once you have paid for the experience online, Virgin Experience will send you a physical voucher in the post along with booking information to the recipient. Read over the booking information and you’re good to go ahead with securing your experience
- Insurance: Please refer to the Virgin Experience website to ensure you’re familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
- Delivery: The voucher is posted by Virgin Experience in a discrete envelope
- Valid for 12 months from the date of issue